Fred Glassman is Senior Vice President and Senior Counsel for Fidelity National Title’s New York National Commercial Services (NCS) operation. Prior to joining Fidelity National Title in February 2011, Fred was a real estate and finance associate in the New York and London offices of Latham & Watkins LLP.
Fred has extensive experience advising on and title insuring single asset and multiple property real estate portfolios for a range of property types, equity investments, sale-leasebacks, joint ventures, as well as real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions. He has developed a subspecialty in each of the energy and gaming and hospitality industries.
From single to multi-site, from multi-family and hospitality to office towers and power plants, our clients benefit from our expertise in all the major areas of real estate.
Fred is responsible for managing various high-profile national and New York based client accounts, including but not limited to REITs, law firms, developers and corporations in complex multi-state, multi-site commercial real estate transactions. A sample of recent transactions includes:
- $2.1 billion acquisition, financing and sale/leaseback of over 600 restaurant sites
- $1.2 billion acquisition and financing of power plant portfolio consisting of 11 power plants
- $565 million financing of national casino portfolio
- $400 million acquisition and financing of national luxury department stores
- $395 million Las Vegas casino sale and exit financing out of bankruptcy
- $275 million acquisition and financings for condo conversion in Battery Park City
- $240 million construction loan for residential tower in Long Island City
Fred is a graduate of Rutgers University and received his law degree, magna cum laude, from Cornell Law School.